Gaya Kessler Uses
This page lists the tools I use to do my job. Based on examples by other people doing the same over at uses.tech.
Editor / IDE and Terminal
- I use WebStorm as my main IDE
- My colour scheme of choice is One Dark Vivid
- My code font is JetBrains Mono
- As my terminal I use Terminal.app default to macOS
- My shell is Oh My Zsh with a variation of the “cloud” theme
Other computer stuff
- My operating system is macOS. If I have to use a PC I tend to go for a lightweight Linux distro
- Firefox is my browser of choice, both for development and regular browsing
- I keep my passwords and other secrets safe using MacPass, a port of KeePass
On my desk
- MacBook M1 Pro 14-inch 2021 is my current workstation
- Recently switched to a sit / stand desk and loving it!
- I use just one monitor: LG 27UP850 - 4K IPS USB-C
- My keyboard is a Keychron K8
- Magic Trackpad 2 - Space Grey instead of a mouse. Best choice ever.
- I have two old school Philips FB750 speakers for my listening pleasure
- Which needs an amp, mine is a very small one: Fosi Audio mini power amp
- Novation Peak as my main synth
- Shure SM58 as my microphone
- Arturia Keylab 49 essential as my full-size MIDI controller
- Logic Pro as my DAW of choice